One springtime stroll under the magnificent pale-pink blossoms of the cherry trees on Campus Walk, and you won’t want to leave. Whatever the season, it’s always a great time to visit the University of Mary Washington. Meet our master teachers; catch up with current students; check out our classrooms, stately Georgian architecture, and beautiful wooded campus; and explore historic downtown Fredericksburg. There are so many ways to get to know us!
- Virtual Information Sessions: Pre-registration is required for the online webinars including daily information sessions and special topics.
- Virtual transfer sessions: Sessions are held at 4 p.m. Monday-Friday. Attend the sessions and learn about the admissions process at UMW.
- Interviews: Applying to UMW as a first-year student? Share who you are with our Admissions staff directly. Interviews are not required, but will place you in consideration for a “Taking Flight” scholarship that ranges between $1,000-$2,000. Interviews are reserved for high school seniors for fall 2021 admission candidates and are available between July 1-February 1. Students must apply to UMW prior to interviewing. The interview must be completed by February 1 for consideration. You can also schedule your interview directly with your admissions counselor. Find out who your counselor is and then select your counselor below to see their interview schedule and availability:
- Virtual Tour – Take a tour of campus lead by a Washington Tour Guide. Held Monday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoons at 3:30 p.m.
- Chat with a Current Student – Have a casual conversation with some of our students. Held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 6 p.m.
- Open Houses: Register now for a fall virtual open house.
Get a Feel for UMW
On Campus Tours and Information Sessions
Please note that we have suspended on campus tours and information sessions out of an abundance of safety. We anticipate once our students return to campus in late January that we will be able to resume tours and sessions again.
- Tours: Campus tours will be 60 minutes long and will take place at 9:45 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- Information sessions: In-person information sessions are 30 minutes long and will be held at 9:15 a.m. and 2 p.m.
The registration process will contain arrival protocol to minimize risk for yourself, your guests and the campus community. UMW is adhering to recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Governor Northam’s “Forward Virginia” plan, and the Virginia Department of Health (VDH).
Recorded Information and Interest Sessions
How to get here:
Where to stay:
UMW has three preferred lodging partners: Country Inn & Suites, Hyatt Place Fredericksburg, and Residence Inn. All three provide extensive amenities, including free WiFi, parking, indoor swimming pools, fitness centers, meeting spaces, and free breakfast when reserved using the UMW affiliate link or code. For information on other nearby accommodations and attractions, visit the Fredericksburg Visitor Center.