Checklist of steps to take:
- Join the UMW Class of 2019 Facebook page!
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form no later than March 1 to receive maximum consideration for financial aid.
- Register to attend Destination UMW, an event for admitted students and parents.
- If you’re a resident of Virginia, return the In-State Tuition form.
- Attend Orientation for first year students in June, a two-day program required for all incoming students and parents. New transfer students will have a one day orientation in August. Register by logging onto the EagleNet portal in April.
- Obtain your NET ID after paying your deposit. (NET IDs become available in March)
- Housing and Dining Services Agreement – Complete your online agreement after attending Orientation (due July 7 for freshmen and August 12 for transfer students). Housing accommodation requests (for new students) are due March 6. Contact the Office of Disability Resources at 540/654-1266 with any questions. Please submit the Student Health Form by July 1.
- Ask your Guidance Counselor to submit a Final Grade Report or a final high school transcript as soon as your final grades are available, but no later than July 1.
- Have all Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate exam scores and/or official transcripts of all college coursework sent directly to the Admissions Office at UMW.
- Review opportunities for special Early Arrival Programs, which take place four days before Welcome Week in August. These optional experiences are a fun way for a limited number of new students to explore UMW and surrounding attractions and meet and bond with classmates before classes begin.
Provide changes in your address and/or telephone number to Admissions at email@example.com.
Stay tuned for information on orientation, registering for classes, housing, and much more!