The University of Mary Washington looks forward to reading your application for admission. Please review the following checklist to ensure you are submitting all required documentation for consideration.
Suggested application filing dates:
Early Action – November 15
Priority filing date - February 1
- Submit The Common Application, essay, and application fee or approved waiver online.
- International students should review the International Applicant Checklist for specific documentation required of non-U.S. citizens.
- Request that your high school send an official transcript to UMW. (A mid-year grade report is also required.) Home-schooled applicants should provide documentation of their educational experiences.
- Provide the Common Application Secondary School Report for your counselor. The University requires one to two letters of recommendation from your guidance counselor or a teacher. Forms can be found on The Common Application site.
- Request your standardized test results be sent directly to UMW (SAT CEEB 5398, ACT 4414).
- Request that your mid-year grades be sent after completion of your first semester to provide the Admissions Committee with the most current information.
- If college work has been completed during high school, please request that an official college transcript be sent to UMW.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 1. Use UMW code 003746.
Additional helpful information:
- If you have taken the SAT or ACT using something other than your full legal name, please notify Admissions.
- UMW will send electronic notification that an application has been received and notify the applicant of any missing documents still necessary to complete the file.
- We encourage you to keep copies of all application materials filed with the Office of Admissions.
- It is your responsibility to verify that Admissions has received all required supporting documentation to complete your file.
- Students applying under Early Action will be notified of their decision by the end of January. Regular admission decisions are sent by letter on or about April 1. All offered students have a National Candidate Reply Date of May 1.