Submit the Application for Admission including essays and $50 USD application fee by the suggested filing date.
Submit an official transcript evaluation from a NACES or AACRAO recognized agency.
- National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES)
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO)
Submit proof of English language proficiency. University of Mary Washington does not offer an “English as a Second Language” program for international students. Several options are available. Where applicable, all scores must be sent directly to UMW from the testing agency:
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) by achieving a composite score of 88 TOEFL IBT or 570 paper-based score
- Or a Certificate of Completion from the ELS Language Centers (ELS) Intensive English Program by completing Level 112 English for Academic Purposes
- Or an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.5 on the academic exam
All students must be able to demonstrate that they can pay for their academic and living expenses while in the United States (UMW does not provide graduate student housing). After the student is admitted and has paid the deposit, next steps can be found on the Center for International Education site.