- Graduate Endorsement Pathway in Gifted Education
- Graduate Certificate in Teaching English as a Second or Foreign Language
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Teaching Students with Autism
Want to find out more? Our classes speak for themselves! Contact us to observe a graduate class at email@example.com or 540/286-8030! You can stay for the whole course, but we think you’ll be convinced within the first 30 minutes!
Recommended Filing Dates
Recommended filing dates are designed to give newly admitted students an optimal opportunity for class registration. We will continue to accept applications on a rolling basis after these dates.
|Fall Admission||April 15|
|Spring Admission||September 15|
|Summer Admission||February 15|
Educational Leadership application due date is June 1.
- The Application for Admission and a non-refundable $50 application fee; APPLY ONLINE AND YOUR $50 APPLICATION FEE WILL BE WAIVED!
- An official transcript from every college or university you’ve attended even if the courses were transferred to another institution
- Competitive applicants will have a cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher on undergraduate course work, and a 3.0 cumulative GPA on graduate course work
- A résumé outlining experiences and education. In addition to your paid work experience, please include all volunteer experience related to education – for example, coaching, teaching religious education, working with Scouts, volunteering in a school, etc. Candidates who have completed a bachelor’s degree in the past 12 months and do not have three years of work experience must complete the program.
- An interview may be required
- A copy of your current Virginia Collegiate Professional or Graduate Professional License for add-on endorsement applicants
- Submit two essays (2-3 typed, double-spaced pages each):
- What do you hope to gain from the program? What contributions do you feel you can make to the program as a participant?
- Discuss a current issue in education, why you think it is important, and your stance on it.
- For International Students: Please submit the Request for Form I-20 (for F-1 visa candidates), International Transcript Evaluation, and demonstration of English Language Proficiency.