The Master of Business Administration (MBA) within the College of Business provides a quality graduate program for new and experienced professionals who want to assume management and leadership positions in a variety of organizational settings. The program encompasses the knowledge and skills necessary for effectively managing both the technical and the human sides of organizations.
The MBA is offered in a variety of formats and locations to accommodate our students and their needs:
- Evening program at the Stafford and Dahlgren campuses– This format is particularly designed for those individuals whose job and family responsibilities require the flexibility to pursue the MBA on a part-time basis in the evenings without interrupting their careers. Students may also pursue the evening program full-time.
- Daytime program at the Fredericksburg campus– Fall admission only! This format is designed for students who would like to pursue the program full-time during the day. Students will move through the MBA as a cohort and will finish the graduate-level coursework within one year.
Want to find out more? Our classes speak for themselves! Contact us to observe a graduate class at email@example.com or 540/654-1457! You can stay for the whole course, but we think you’ll be convinced within the first 30 minutes!
When the Great Recession hit our firm, it became apparent that I needed not only be a competent professional engineer, but also a skilled business leader. University of Mary Washington’s MBA program offered a convenient means of developing business skills in the classroom at night and putting them to work the next day. I have been able to translate my academic work into projects such as leveraging social media to reduce marketing costs and improving our approach to financial goal setting using simulation techniques. The returns from these projects and others have paid my tuition many times over. My UMW MBA will give me a great advantage in business and my career.
Peter O’Hara, P.E. Senior Vice President Engineering Consulting Services, Mid-Atlantic
Recommended Filing Dates
Recommended filing dates are designed to give newly admitted students an optimal opportunity for class registration. We will continue to accept applications on a rolling basis after these dates.
Fall Admission: JUNE 1
MARCH 1 (for G.A. Candidates only*)
Spring Admission: OCTOBER 1
We also admit students for the 2nd 8-week sessions of the Fall and Spring semesters. 2nd 8-week courses for Fall begin in October and for Spring 2nd 8-week courses begin in March. It is a great opportunity to get a headstart on courses so you don’t have to wait for the next term to apply!
*All applicants applying for a Graduate Assistant position MUST apply for Fall admission by MARCH 1. If you have questions or would like further information about the Graduate Assistant Program at UMW, please contact Mark Mermelstein, Director of Campus Recreation at 540-654-1187 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also begin the program as a non-degree seeking student.
- Application for Admission and a $50 application fee or fee waiver. APPLY ONLINE AND HAVE YOUR $50 APPLICATION FEE WAIVED!
- An official transcript from every college or university you’ve attended, even if the courses were transferred to another institution
- A current résumé; two years of professional or technical work experience preferred
- Official scores from GMAT or GRE taken within the last 5 years. Students who already have a terminal degree conferred on a transcript, can seek waiver from the GMAT/GRE. UMW Test Code: 5398
- MBA Prerequisite Waiver Form
- For International Students: Please submit the Request for Form I-20 (for F-1 visa candidates), International Transcript Evaluation, and demonstration of English Language Proficiency.
Kenneth Machande, Associate Dean for the College of Business, at 540/654-1457 or email@example.com.
George Washington Hall, 1301 College Ave., Fredericksburg, VA 22401