The Master of Business Administration (MBA) within the College of Business provides a quality graduate program for new and experienced professionals who want to assume management and leadership positions in a variety of organizational settings. The program encompasses the knowledge and skills necessary for effectively managing both the technical and the human sides of organizations.
The MBA is offered in a variety of formats and locations to accomodate our students and their needs:
- Evening program at the Stafford and Dahlgren campuses– This format is particularly designed for those individuals whose job and family responsibilities require the flexibility to pursue the MBA on a part-time basis in the evenings without interrupting their careers. Students may also pursue the evening program full-time.
- Daytime program at the Fredericksburg campus– New for Fall 2014! This format is designed for students who would like to pursue the program full-time during the day. While students may also take daytime classes on a part-time basis, most students will move through the MBA as a cohort and will finish within one year.
Want to find out more? Our classes speak for themselves! Contact our office to observe a graduate class at email@example.com or 540/286-8030! You can stay for the whole course, but we think you’ll be convinced within the first 30 minutes!
When the Great Recession hit our firm, it became apparent that I needed not only be a competent professional engineer, but also a skilled business leader. University of Mary Washington’s MBA program offered a convenient means of developing business skills in the classroom at night and putting them to work the next day. I have been able to translate my academic work into projects such as leveraging social media to reduce marketing costs and improving our approach to financial goal setting using simulation techniques. The returns from these projects and others have paid my tuition many times over. My UMW MBA will give me a great advantage in business and my career.
Peter O’Hara, P.E. Senior Vice President Engineering Consulting Services, Mid-Atlantic
Recommended Filing Dates
Recommended filing dates are designed to give newly admitted students an optimal opportunity for class registration. We will continue to accept applications on a rolling basis after these dates.
Fall Admission: JUNE 1
MARCH 1 (for G.A. Candidates only*)
Spring Admission: OCTOBER 1 — We are still accepting applications for Spring 2014!
*All applicants applying for a Graduate Assistant position MUST apply for Fall admission by MARCH 1. If you have questions or would like further information about the Graduate Assistant Program at UMW, please contact Mark Mermelstein, Director of Campus Recreation at 540-654-1187 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also begin the program as a non-degree seeking student.
- Application for Admission and a $50 application fee or fee waiver. APPLY ONLINE AND HAVE YOUR $50 APPLICATION FEE WAIVED!
- An official transcript from every college or university you’ve attended, even if the courses were transferred to another institution
- A current résumé; two years of professional or technical work experience preferred
- Official scores from GMAT or GRE taken within the last 5 years. Students who already have a terminal degree conferred on a transcript, can seek waiver from the GMAT/GRE. UMW Test Code: 5398
- MBA Prerequisite Waiver Form
- For International Students: Please submit the Financial Statement of Support (for F-1 visa candidates), International Transcript Evaluation, and demonstration of English Language Proficiency.
121 University Blvd. Fredericksburg, VA 22406
Office of Admissions at 540/286-8030, 866/261-4458, or email@example.com.
Monday thru Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.