Visit UMW! Register for an information session today!
“BAE Systems has over 30 years of experience providing full-spectrum analytic and production support to the Department of Defense, much of which is GIS and geospatially focused. The cadre of [UMW] MSGA graduates would immensely strengthen our GIS candidate pipeline for future proposal efforts and aid in filling current senior positions locally and across the nation.”
–Chris Bellios, VP/GM of National Analysis
The Master of Science in Geospatial Analysis (MSGA) will provide you with the ability to master geospatial technology and critically assess data and results to ask and answer spatial questions. Intended for recent graduates with a major, minor, certificate, or multiple courses in geospatial technology, and for professionals already working in geospatial fields, the program integrates theory and technical training with critical thinking, project management, and communication skills – giving you the competitive advantage you need to advance your career in the high-growth geospatial technology industry.
Earn a degree at your own pace – either as a full- or part-time student. By attending full time, you can complete the program in one year. If you enroll part time and take at least one course per semester, you can complete the degree requirements in three years.
Careers in GIS:
See what you can do with a degree in Geospatial Analysis!
Recommended Filing Dates
Recommended filing dates are designed to give newly admitted students an optimal opportunity for class registration. We will continue to accept applications on a rolling basis after these dates provided space is available.
Fall Admission: JUNE 1
MARCH 1 (for G.A. Candidates only*)
Spring Admission: OCTOBER 1
*All applicants applying for a Graduate Assistant position MUST apply for Fall admission by MARCH 1.
- Application for Admission and a $50 application fee or fee waiver. Apply online TODAY and we will waive the $50 application fee!
- An official transcript from every college or university you’ve attended, even if the courses were transferred to another institution
- A current résumé; stating any GIS or Geospatial-related experience, if applicable
- Personal Goal Statement
- Two recommendations on the forms provided– Applicants should fill out the top portion of the form, save it, and email it to their recommenders to submit upon completion.
- For International Students: Please submit the Request for Form I-20 (for F-1 visa candidates), International Transcript Evaluation, and demonstration of English Language Proficiency.
Want to find out more? Our classes speak for themselves! Contact us to observe a graduate class at email@example.com or 540/286-8030! You can stay for the whole course, but we think you’ll be convinced within the first 30 minutes!
Office of Admissions at 540/286-8030 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday thru Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.