PRIORITY APPLICATION DATES:
Fall Admission: February 1
Spring Admission: September 1
We will continue to admit students after these dates, but please be aware that your selection of courses will be limited for your first semester. All applications should be complete (application forms and all supporting documents) by the following dates:
Fall Admission: June 1
Spring Admission: October 15
Summer Admission: January 15
Late applications will be accepted on a space available basis. Please contact the Office of Admissions at 540/654-2000 for clarification.
A completed application packet consists of:
- A completed Application for Admission and a $50 non-refundable application fee or fee waiver. APPLY ONLINE AND HAVE YOUR $50 APPLICATION FEE WAIVED!
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended, even if the credits were transferred to another school. Transcripts must be received in the original sealed envelope in order to be official.
- Official documentation of all nontraditional credit earned (e.g., CLEP or DANTES tests, military training, etc.)
- Verification of high school completion – transcript, copy of diploma, copy of GED award letter, unless an associate degree is achieved
- An essay (one to two pages) introducing yourself to the Admissions Committee. The essay might include such things as your reasons for returning to college, previous life and work experience, and professional or life goals.
- An essay on the effects of studying under an honor system in a university setting
- Please submit the International Student Application Supplement, International Transcript Evaluation, and demonstration of English Language Proficiency if applicable.